Custom Machine Assembler
Marine Travelift, Inc. - Sturgeon Bay, WI
Full-time, 1st or 2nd shift, 40-50 hours a week
This position will be responsible for assembling custom machines including large boat hoists and other lifting equipment for marine and industrial applications.
· Install engines and compartments, pumps, tires, conduit and hydraulic lines, set pressures, etc. on very large equipment.
· Produce components by assembling parts and subassemblies
· Assemble and install parts, wires, hoses, and hydraulics onto large equipment utilizing power equipment and wrenching techniques
· Drill holes for wires, hoses and small parts
· Position parts and subassemblies by using and referring to blueprints
· Complete small weldments
· Install various equipment accessories (decals, mud flaps, cameras, lights)
· Lift and stack completed subassemblies and parts
· Train and work in various areas of assembly in response to production demands
· Follow verbal and written work instructions
· Pay particular attention to detail to ensure that quality standards are adhered to
· Regular attendance required throughout the program and subsequent employment
· All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned
· Must have mechanical skills and/or abilities
· Must be able to read blueprints
· Must be dependable and take pride in the work produced
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
· Hydraulics experience is a plus
· Experience with heavy equipment is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified females, minorities, individuals with a disability, and veterans are encouraged to apply.